Monday, June 8, 2009

!st post!

Okay so i am new to this whole "blog my life thing." so i will try my best to be as transparent as i can be and maybe and a little excitement somewhere in there some places.

Well for those who do not know i have been given the awesome opportunity to spend my summer in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, and work with some of the sweetest dudes in ministry!! Love Chapel Hill baby!! lol. i am truly thankful to be here. Anyway i have been here for a little over a week now and I am truly amazed at the things God can do and already has done here! I have realized that i have soo much to learn about ministry and its only been the first week! This thing that i have been called to, this life of ministry goes so far beyond Sunday mornings or Wednesday nights, it is truly a LIFE of ministry. daily, hourly, secondly showing this great gift we have received to the world. Being the light that shows the way to the Life. All that to say i have removed any and all preconceived notions of what i want to learn this summer, and have just started looking for what God wants me to do, But i wont bore you anymore with my thoughts on that :) my days are filled with giving water and hanging out with the harmless, hanging out at this sweet well, were I spend time just reading and praying. i think the sweetest part of that is that this well is right on UNC campuss, and it use to be the source of water to the school. I have this crazy dream that this old well would be the center of this great movement of God to Chapel Hill. that the water of Life would flow from that place!! man that would be sweet!! i also have been spending my time getting to know this culture and what is needed to see God explode in this place. I've there is this huge sense of community in this place, almost like a family. they are all about local support and local businesses! kinda reminds me how the church should be. So if we can somehow become apart of this community, I can see God doin some epic stuff!!!

Right now I am trying to focus on simply this ministry and how God wants me to grow and learn this summer, but I defiantly have not forgotten my friends and love ones, some a little more than others, you know who you are ;) so my prayers are with you guys, if your reading this i love y'all and i will always be there if you need me...but mushy stuff aside ill try and keep you updated on how i am doing and whats going on here.

2 comments:

  1. i am so happy to see the Lord working through the ministry there at chapel hill! i am excited to see where the Lord takes you through this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pumped that you are here in Chapel Hill! Keep dreaming and praying about that old well...it's something special!

    ReplyDelete